Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Lent Season!




Today is Ash Wednesday and it marks the start of Lent season. During Lent Christians practice fasting, repentance, moderation and Spiritual Discipline.



Beginning March 5, and ending on April 17, Lent is a 40-day period when Christians prepare for Easter. The 40 days represents the time JESUS fasted and prayed while in the wilderness as HE was preparing for HIS public ministry.



You may ask what you should fast from...I believe that it should be a gift of sacrifice unto GOD. I also believe that you should seek GOD for guidance and always be purposely driven by HIM. Remember that fasting is intimate and should between you and GOD.

 

As I was preparing for this season and talking to GOD about what I was going to give up for Lent HE kept talking to me about the areas of my life that needed discipline. The more and more that I prayed I found that Spiritual Discipline is the focus for this season. When I looked the word Discipline up in the dictionary it says "training expected to produce a specific character or pattern of behavior." Spiritual Discipline can be described as those behaviors that increases your spiritual growth and enables you to grow to spiritual maturity.



I am approaching today and the next 40 days with a Spirit of expectancy. Believing that as I fast and discipline the areas of my life that GOD has instructed me that it will not only be for this season but a lifetime.



It is my prayer that you enjoy the next 40! Rejoice in what GOD is going to do in your life after this season is over!


“When you practice some appetite-denying discipline to better concentrate on GOD, don’t make a production out of it. It might turn you into a small-time celebrity but it won’t make you a saint. If you ‘go into training’ inwardly, act normal outwardly. Shampoo and comb your hair, brush your teeth, wash your face. GOD doesn’t require attention-getting devices. He won’t overlook what you are doing; He'll reward you well. {Matthew 6:16-18 MSG}

Blessings
A'Keta Vasser

No comments:

Post a Comment