Thursday, March 6, 2014

Godly Friendships!




During my 36 years of living on this earth GOD has blessed me with some AWESOME friends. I often tell people that one way that GOD shows me love is through my girlfriends. Yes we have disagreement but at the end of the day we all love each other and that is what it is all about!



In December 2011 GOD brought someone into my life that has truly been a blessing to me. That person is the face of HISBlessedOne Domonique Davis. Domonique stepped out on Faith and deployed to Kuwait leaving everything that was familiar to her. When I first met Dom I knew that something was different about her and when she told me that she was a Christian and living her life for CHRIST I knew that we would be friends. I loved that we were able to be transparent with each other about our Christian walk. Some days were just hard but I was glad to have Dom as not only my prayer partner but also my accountability partner. Such a blessing!



When Dom left Kuwait to return back to the states nothing changed with our relationship. You know the saying some people come into your life for a season, a reason or a lifetime well I am so happy that our sisterhood was not seasonal.



In December 2012 I was in the states for the holidays and Dom drove down to South Carolina to visit me for a few days and to share her testimony during my first Vision Board Social. I was excited to be able to fellowship with her in the states and honored that she made the trip. The day that Dom was leaving I showed her the vision that GOD had given me with HISBlessedOne. I can still remember Dom's reaction to the  first designs.....pure excitement!



I never had to think twice of who I wanted to be the face for my brand! Dom is not only beautiful on the inside she is also gorgeous on the outside. Over the last year I have watched her grow through each photo shoot and I am so proud of her!



Dom and I often talked about how GOD had to send her all the way to the Kuwait for us to meet. HE is such an AWESOME GOD. I am beyond thankful for Godly relationships.....handpicked by HIM. So while others are saying no new friends I am always open to meeting HISBlessedOnes.
 
As iron sharpens iron, so a friend sharpens a friend. {
Proverbs 27:17}

Stay Blessed
A'Keta Julinate' 

1 comment:

  1. lol at Goldy lol I know what you meant!!! This made me laugh and then it turned into an ugly cry (tears of joy of course)... it means so much that you thought enough of our friendship to write about it! Now I know it's real lol :) I love you and appreciate you so much! I can't tell you enough, or I'd get on your nerves! I love you to Kuwait and back lol (seriously)

    ReplyDelete