Sunday, August 4, 2013

The LOVE of GOD through Friendships



1 Samuel 18: 1-3 After David had finished talking with Saul, he met Jonathan, the king’s son. There was an immediate bond between them, for Jonathan loved David. From that day on Saul kept David with him and wouldn't let him return home. And Jonathan made a solemn pact with David, because he loved him as he loved himself.



I love the relationship between David and Jonathan and as I think about the friendships that GOD has blessed me with over the years I literally sit and cry. GOD truly shows me what love feels like through my friends.



It is that love that sustains me most days as I am in Kuwait and away from friends and my family. Living and working on a military base can be hard. There are days I want to break free and go back home to normalcy where I can invite friends to dinner or shopping. There are times that I need a hug from my mom and/or sisters.



It is moments like that when I have to stay before GOD so that I don't form relationships here in the Middle East that are not of GOD. Like 1 Samuel 18 says when David met Jonathan there was an immediate connection. I have met a lot of people during my time in the Middle East and I have a good time with them but I try not to connect to spirits that are not like mine even if it means that most times I am alone. 2 Corinthians 6:14 is clear when it says do not be unequally yoked. Some think that is only in marriage but I believe that in any relationship light can't live with darkness.



I have been seeing a lot of controversy on social sites about Drake's song No New Friends. Some feel like it is stupid to say that because you are cutting yourself off from meeting new people and exposing yourself to other things. I believe that new friendships are healthy to growing in the body but it has to be the right relationships. Recently I have met people that are awesome and doing great things for the Kingdom. I know that the relationships are not by chance and it is those relationships that I nurture and try to draw my energy from because I know that it comes from GOD!



So as I celebrate Friendship day today I thank GOD for my loves. It is you that encourages me, supports me, pushes me closer to CHRIST, makes me laugh so much that I cry, challenges me to be better, birth purpose out of me, believes in the purpose GOD has given me, prays for me, talks me off the ledge and makes me feel love a 1000 miles away!



GOD I can never say thank you enough for the love! 

Blessings
A'Keta Julinate' 




1 comment:

  1. Awwwww I love you so much! Right back at you sis, you're such an awesome friend!!! I thank God for the opportunity to have met you... I'll never ever forget that day you hugged me on Christmas(brings tears to my eyes everytime I think about it) I needed that more than anything... your kind gesture birthed a beautiful friendship!

    ReplyDelete